Webalizer not providing the reports I want... please help!

  • jlyandco
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2003
      I THOUGHT I configured it right, but I'm relatively new to this and am
      obviously missing some things:

      1) Report does not display any Search Strings, or give any details of
      Countries or "Mangle Agents" (for example: "compatible; MSIE 5.0;
      Windows 98")

      2) I cannot seem to stop it from reporting "directories", such as
      "/images/" and "/cpanel/"... how can I prevent this from showing up in
      my report?

      I've struggled through all of the docs ("readme" and "sample.conf"),
      but don't seem to be making any headway.

      Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

      Regards,
      Jeff
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2003
        > 1) Report does not display any Search Strings, or give any details of
        > Countries or "Mangle Agents" (for example: "compatible; MSIE 5.0;
        > Windows 98")

        Then your logs don't include that information

        > 2) I cannot seem to stop it from reporting "directories", such as
        > "/images/" and "/cpanel/"... how can I prevent this from showing up in
        > my report?

        You can either individually hide each directory or live with it.

      • Jeff Yarberry
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2003
          Brad,

          Thanks for the response... any idea how to get my logs
          to record this info (standard Linux/Apache 1.3 setup)?

          You would have a better idea than anyone else I can
          think of -- including my IHP (who doesn't have a
          problem if I "tweak" my httpd.conf file a bit).

          BYW: I think that the Webalizer is absolutely awesome,
          and I couldn't agree more with you on the Gates
          Empire!

          Regards,
          Jeff

          I think your product is

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6, 2003
            Ensure that you are using a log type of 'combined' and that you
            have hostname lookups turned on.