doubleing of domain names in URL report

  • emtboy9
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2003
      Hey all...

      I am having an issue with webalizer that I was hoping that someone
      here could help me solve...

      the problem is, when viewing a stats page the links for the Top 50
      URLs section doubles the domain names:

      the displayed url shows up like this:

      /www.somedomain.com/somepath/somefile.html

      and the actual link like this:

      http://www.somedomain.com/www.somedomain.com/somepath/somefile.html

      so the problem here is that it is reading the whole dir structure...

      ours is set up like this:

      /var/www/html/www.domain.com/other dirs and files here

      anyone know how to fix it so that when it reports, it does not show
      the domain name part of the path it is checking for stats??

      thanks
      Jeff
    • e.groups@e-jul.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2003
        > Hey all...
        > I am having an issue with webalizer that I was hoping that someone
        > here could help me solve...
        > the problem is, when viewing a stats page the links for the Top 50
        > URLs section doubles the domain names:
        > the displayed url shows up like this:
        > /www.somedomain.com/somepath/somefile.html

        Hi

        I've got the exact same problem on my Cobalt 550 with pkgmaster.com
        webalizer pkg.

        I cannot find the error.

        Jul
      • emtboy9
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2003
          I am willing to bet that you have your virtual domains set up like this:

          /home/sites/www.domain.com which is a symlink to /home/sites/some
          number/siteXX/web

          or something similar to that??

          I am not sure why, but i have been writing back and forth with the guy
          who wrore webalizer in teh first place, and he doesnt really know
          either... other than possibly a problem in the way virtual hosting is
          set up.

          I would tend to agree, EXCEPT for one problem.. I also have a raq3
          that is set up nearly identical to the RaQ550, with the exception of
          the locations of DocRoot for each Virtual Domain, and that one works
          perfectly.

          Both machines use the same perl script to automate the task. The only
          difference in webalizer is that the RaQ3 uses an older version... As
          for the 550, I have also tried to use fresh source compiled on teh
          server to see if it had something to do with the pkgmasters pkg
          binaries... but same results each time...

          What I see happening is this:

          webalizer needs a hostname, so you either provide one, or it gets one
          via uname. In teh case of the perl script, a hostname is passed to
          webalizer via the -n switch and that hostname is based on any
          www.someting.something combo that is found in /home/sites.

          After that, when webalizer is doing its thing, instead of starting the
          url list INSIDE of /home/sites/www.somedomain.com/ it actually starts
          it at /home/sites/ and includes the /www.somedomain.com/ portion in
          the url, instead of just /path/file.

          What I am wondering is if we are the only two people who have this
          problem...

          cheers
          jeff

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 6, 2003
            Check your logs. If your URLs all begin with "/www.domain.com/..."
            then that is your problem. The webalizer only reports what it finds
            in the log. If the above is the problem, then either the document
            root is incorrect for the web server, or a non-standard format is
            being use (which is prepending the sitename in front of the real
            URL).

            --

            On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, emtboy9 wrote:

            > I am willing to bet that you have your virtual domains set up like this:
            >
            > /home/sites/www.domain.com which is a symlink to /home/sites/some
            > number/siteXX/web
            >
            > or something similar to that??
            >
            > I am not sure why, but i have been writing back and forth with the guy
            > who wrore webalizer in teh first place, and he doesnt really know
            > either... other than possibly a problem in the way virtual hosting is
            > set up.
            >
            > I would tend to agree, EXCEPT for one problem.. I also have a raq3
            > that is set up nearly identical to the RaQ550, with the exception of
            > the locations of DocRoot for each Virtual Domain, and that one works
            > perfectly.
            >
            > Both machines use the same perl script to automate the task. The only
            > difference in webalizer is that the RaQ3 uses an older version... As
            > for the 550, I have also tried to use fresh source compiled on teh
            > server to see if it had something to do with the pkgmasters pkg
            > binaries... but same results each time...
            >
            > What I see happening is this:
            >
            > webalizer needs a hostname, so you either provide one, or it gets one
            > via uname. In teh case of the perl script, a hostname is passed to
            > webalizer via the -n switch and that hostname is based on any
            > www.someting.something combo that is found in /home/sites.
            >
            > After that, when webalizer is doing its thing, instead of starting the
            > url list INSIDE of /home/sites/www.somedomain.com/ it actually starts
            > it at /home/sites/ and includes the /www.somedomain.com/ portion in
            > the url, instead of just /path/file.
            >
            > What I am wondering is if we are the only two people who have this
            > problem...
            >
            > cheers
            > jeff
            >
            > --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, e.groups@e... wrote:
            >
            > > > I am having an issue with webalizer that I was hoping that someone
            > > > here could help me solve...
            > > > the problem is, when viewing a stats page the links for the Top 50
            > > > URLs section doubles the domain names:
            > > > the displayed url shows up like this:
            > > > /www.somedomain.com/somepath/somefile.html
            > >

            > > Hi
            > >
            > > I've got the exact same problem on my Cobalt 550 with pkgmaster.com
            > > webalizer pkg.

          • ojbis
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 4, 2003
              that's exactly my problem, all my URLs begin with "/www.domain.com/...