Countries Chart - 100% Unresolved

  • Joshua Lee
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 25, 2003
      My problem is very similar to that of #1836.

      I'm running windows 2000 Server with IIS. I have a batch file that I
      run for each of my domains. It was working for a while, it showed the
      Countries Chart and everything. But recently, more like over night,
      Countries Chart was displaying 100% unresolved.

      Nothing has changed.

      Here is a sample of my batch file.

      @echo off
      set MONTH=%DATE:~4,2%
      SET YEAR=%DATE:~12,2%
      SET logfile=nc%YEAR%%MONTH%.log
      set webdir=I:\inetpub\wwwroot\realiamusic.com

      %webdir%\stats\W3SVC37\webalizer -n www.realiamusic.com -o
      %webdir%\stats -N 10 %webdir%\stats\W3SVC37\%logfile%

      I'm using Webalizer 2.01.05.

      The log format is NCSA Common Log Files.

      Any support on this issues Is greatly appreciated.

      Joshua
    • major dennis bloodnok, second underwater
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 29, 2003
        i'm running apache 2 with "HostnameLookups On" ('cause i don't care
        how slow my server is). about 75% of my server log is correctly
        resolved, yet webalizer just spits out "99.99% Network" and "0.01% US
        Commercial" (the majority of my hits are actually .uk, .au, or .nz due
        to the parochial nature of my content).

        by default, isn't webalizer just using the domainnames it finds in my
        server log? or have i missed something obvious?

        thanks for any pointers

        bloodnok
      • G-Spot
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 29, 2003
          What did you put your DNSCache in the config file?
          --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "major dennis bloodnok, second
          underwater artillery" <bloodnok@y...> wrote:
          > i'm running apache 2 with "HostnameLookups On" ('cause i don't care
          > how slow my server is). about 75% of my server log is correctly
          > resolved, yet webalizer just spits out "99.99% Network" and "0.01%
          US
          > Commercial" (the majority of my hits are actually .uk, .au, or .nz
          due
          > to the parochial nature of my content).
          >
          > by default, isn't webalizer just using the domainnames it finds in
          my
          > server log? or have i missed something obvious?
          >
          > thanks for any pointers
          >

          > bloodnok
        • G-Spot
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 29, 2003
            just add:

            qr=DNSCache DNSCachefile DNSChildren 5

            in your webalizer config file in the "etc" folder...:-))

            G-SPot

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2003
              --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "G-Spot" <gspotg3@y...> wrote:
              > just add:
              >
              > qr=DNSCache DNSCachefile DNSChildren 5
              >
              > in your webalizer config file in the "etc" folder...:-))

              that didn't work.

              i don't want webalizer to go resolve domainnames for me. they've
              already been resolved by my webserver. given the names are already
              resolved, webalizer isn't going to have much luck trying to resolve
              them again - what's it going to resolve? there are no ip addresses in
              my logs (other than for sites that didn't resolve and won't anyway) -
              is the first question.

              i want webalizer to parse those resolved names correctly. it still
              isn't obvious how this is done.

              thanks for any hints.