TLD evaluation

  • Clemens Hermann
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 18, 2001

      I have a problem in using webalizer to analyze my apache logs.
      Everything works fine except that the webalizer does not show the
      countries. I get 100% unknown adresses in the webalizer country-image
      (last image on the webalizer page). If I do a DNS-reverse lookup I can
      see where the domain belongs to (*.com, *.net, *.de etc.)
      How can I convince webalizer to show the domains also?

      thanks a lot

      /ch
    • Jean-Noel HAYART
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 19, 2001
        witch version of webalizer do you use ???
        in Webalizer for NT, you need to configure option :

        #DNSCache dns_cache.db

        with valid path/filename for activate DNS working, this option consume lot
        of time ...

        regards

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 19, 2001
          Am 19.01.2001 um 09:56:37 schrieb Jean-Noel HAYART:

          Hi Jean-Noel,

          thanks for your help!

          > witch version of webalizer do you use ???

          Version 1.30 on FreeBSD 4.2.

          I do not use a config-file but start webalizer from the commandline as
          follows:

          webalizer -n www.domain.tld -o /log/directory /location/of
          /apache/logfile -q

          is it necessary to provide a commandline option so that webalizer can
          evaluate the IPs given in the apache logs? Or is it a better Idea to let
          apache use FQDNs instead of IPs and if - how can this be accomplished?

          bye

          /ch
        • Jean-Noel HAYART
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 19, 2001
            i can't help you cause i use only Nt version, and i'm not shure than in
            v1.30 you can use FQDN ..

            sorry

            Am 19.01.2001 um 09:56:37 schrieb Jean-Noel HAYART:

            Hi Jean-Noel,

            thanks for your help!

            > witch version of webalizer do you use ???

            Version 1.30 on FreeBSD 4.2.

            I do not use a config-file but start webalizer from the commandline as
            follows:

            webalizer -n www.domain.tld -o /log/directory /location/of
            /apache/logfile -q

            is it necessary to provide a commandline option so that webalizer can
            evaluate the IPs given in the apache logs? Or is it a better Idea to let
            apache use FQDNs instead of IPs and if - how can this be accomplished?

            bye

            /ch

          • Raimund Huber
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 19, 2001
              you need webalizer 2.01 available from htttp://www.webalizer.com
              (reverse dns lookup is supported since this version)

              or you could config your httpd.conf (the apache mai nconfig file) to do the
              dns lookup and to write it in the log. (i think it is the better idea to
              change the apache config if you can)
              good luck
              Raimund Huber