RE: [webalizer] Success in installing on a Windows 2000 / IIS machine?

  • Stanley Stramel
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 7, 2003
      Dave,

      ... taken from the README file that downloads with Webalzier.

      -c file  This option specifies a configuration file to use.  Configuration
                files allow greater control over how The Webalizer behaves, and
                there are several ways to use them.  As of version 0.98, The
                Webalizer searches for a default configuration file in the
                current directory named "webalizer.conf", and if not found,
                will search in the /etc/ directory for a file of the same name.
                In addition, you may specify a configuration file to use with
                this command line option.

      In the batch file, the line:

      webalizer -c filename.conf

      The FILENAME.CONF is your configuration file, NOT your log file name.  Do not specify a log file name in your .conf file and it will default to STDIN.

      # LogFile defines the web server log file to use.  If not specified
      # here or on on the command line, input will default to STDIN.  If
      # the log filename ends in '.gz' (ie: a gzip compressed file), it will
      # be decompressed on the fly as it is being read.

      #LogFile        /var/lib/httpd/logs/access_log

      Stan
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 7, 2003

        Yup – I was successful!  Thanks so much!

        --Dave

        Set up a scheduled task to execute this batch file every hour.

        Stan

        --
        Kees de Keizer          NT Administrator    T: +31-10-2448344
        #easynet Nederland      PGP:  0x24E3770B    F: +31-10-2448356
        http://www.easynet.nl/          kees.de.keizer@...

      • kim minh huynh
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 8, 2003
          Hi,

          I would like to try also for IIS but i got nothing.
          Would you sent me the config file or some more explication how to made it
          works, please,

          thanks in advance...

          Huynh Kim Minh huynhkminh@...

          http://www.msn.fr/msger/default.asp
        • kim minh huynh
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 8, 2003
            Here is what i got when trying Webalizer on Win IIS

            C:\Inetpub>webalizer1 -c webalizer1.conf
            Webalizer V2.01-09-RB07 (Windows NT 5.0 Service Pack 3) French
            Using DNS cache file c:\inetpub\log\dns_cache.db
            Creating output in c:\inetpub\log\
            Hostname for reports is 'http:\\hkm78.gotdns.com'
            Reading history file... c:\inetpub\log\webalizer.hist
            >>>Previous run data not found...
            Using logfile c:\inetpub\log\access_log (clf)
            >>>No valid records found!

            Two webalizer.conf are joint here,
            the first one sent out what you see above,the second one sent nothing.

            What is the problem, please help ??

          • Kees de Keizer
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 8, 2003
              On Sun, 9 Feb 2003, kim minh huynh wrote:

              > Here is what i got when trying Webalizer on Win IIS
              >
              > C:\Inetpub>webalizer1 -c webalizer1.conf
              > Webalizer V2.01-09-RB07 (Windows NT 5.0 Service Pack 3) French
              > Using DNS cache file c:\inetpub\log\dns_cache.db
              > Creating output in c:\inetpub\log\
              > Hostname for reports is 'http:\\hkm78.gotdns.com'
              > Reading history file... c:\inetpub\log\webalizer.hist
              > Using logfile c:\inetpub\log\access_log (clf)
              >
              > Two webalizer.conf are joint here,
              > the first one sent out what you see above,the second one sent nothing.
              >
              > What is the problem, please help ??

              Where are your IIS logfiles stored? And what is it's name?
              Now it is in "c:\inetpub\log" and the name is "access_log".
              The last name is not a regular IIS name for a logfile.