RE: [webalizer] Success in installing on a Windows 2000 / IIS mac hine?

  • DFowler@transland.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2003
      Assuming that you are using "folderlog" in your webalizer.conf, you can schedule the task to run as often as you wish.  If you are using a hardcoded file name, I wouldn't have an answer.

      In Control Panel, open Scheduled Tasks and create one for webalizer.exe.  In the Schedule tab, select "advanced" to schedule more often than daily.

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2003

        I have this:

        # name of folder to read all file inside ...

        # number of file is limited to 250 for a folder if you want to read more you need to

        # rename file after process it and start webalizer twice ...

         FolderLog       C:\WINNT\system32\LogFiles\W3SVC3\

        AND:

        LogType            iis

        # OutputDir is where you want to put the output files.  This should

        # should be a full path name, however relative ones might work as well.

        # If no output directory is specified, the current directory will be used.

        OutputDir      c:\Aurora\WebSite\Stats

        But if I run WEBALIZER.EXE (without specifying a logfile as a parameter), it says:

        C:\Aurora\Webalizer2>webalizer

        Webalizer V2.01-09-RB07 (Windows NT 5.0 Service Pack 3) English

        Error: Can't open log file

        So if that won’t work, what will my Scheduled Task run?  Any additional help?  Thank you SO much!

        --Dave