quick check

  • Luc I. Suryo
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2003
      Hello

      Just wondering if someone know why the author of webalizer does not
      answers his e-mail?? i have made some changes in webalizer and i 'think'
      it would be nice to share this with the public but i rather do that via
      the author as he need to approve (?) the change...

      : support for timezone or timeoffset
      : header change; look and feel, links to go back to the main yearly summary or monthly summary
      : single page stats or multiple pages stats

      If some one is interrested i could put some example online...

      thanks

      --
      Kind regards,
      Luc Suryo
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2003
        Hi Luc,
        can you show online example
        may be timezone will help me...

        Thanks

        1/2/2003 2:59:19 PM, "Luc I. Suryo" <luc@...> wrote:

        > To: webalizer@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > Organization:Suryo Consultancy Inc.
        > From: "Luc I. Suryo" <luc@...>
        > Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 06:59:19 -0600
        > Subject: [webalizer] quick check
        >

        > Hello
        >
        > Just wondering if someone know why the author of webalizer does not
        > answers his e-mail?? i have made some changes in webalizer and i 'think'
        > it would be nice to share this with the public but i rather do that via
        > the author as he need to approve (?) the change...
        >
        > : support for timezone or timeoffset
        > : header change; look and feel, links to go back to the main yearly summary
        > or monthly summary
        > : single page stats or multiple pages stats
        >
        > If some one is interrested i could put some example online...
        >
        > thanks
        >
        > --
        > Kind regards,
        > Luc Suryo
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Luc I. Suryo
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2003
          Hi there,

          sure but what do you need timezone? here is what i needed for:

          and i will put a exampel later today .. i use to used AW but since that
          it not free and slow if one has tons of sites i moved to webalizer.
          One of the major problem was to recallulate the timestamp of a log
          record of a virtual host that is not in the same timezone as the server.
          Although Apache suppose todo with the 'SetEnv TZ' setting, it did not
          work for us....

          and i also modified to look and feel.... i'll e-mail you as soon i have
          the sample ready...

          from the sample config i modified to give you an idea....

          # OffsetType defines what type of offset should be use for calculation
          # of the stats. Offset type 0=offset, 1=timezone. Depend on your need
          # using OffsetType 0 is advisable if you do not care of diff. timezones
          # use by the virtual hosts or if all virtual host are in the same
          # timezone as the system.

          #OffsetType 0

          # TimeOffset defines the a mount of whole hours difference with the
          # system own timezone. So if the server is in Central Time one
          # would need to set TimeOffset -1 for sites that in Mountain Time
          # and TimeOffset 1 for sites that are in the East Time.

          #TimeOffset 0

          # TimeZone is a strings display to on the stat pages but also use to# calculate
          # offset if OffsetType was set to 1. So be carefull to put a correct# timezone
          # Here are some example : US/Central, America/Chicago, Europe/London,
          # Europe/Paris# Using OffsetType=1 and a correcy Timezone will allow one to get the
          # correct# date & time when day saving time is in use and a virtual host does not
          # have use day saving time.

          #TimeZone America/Chicago

          # WebzURL specifies the base url to return to the webalizer main page.
          # Normaly this should be the path to the stats relative to the
          # DocumentRoot setting of the webserver

          #WebzURL /webalizer

          # HelpUrl is the url that points to the help page of webalizer, it can
          # be pointed to any valid url. The base help file can be found at:
          # http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/webalizer_help.html

          #HelpUrl /webalizer/webalizer_help.html

          --- End of tunahanunal@...'s quote ---

          --
          Kind regards,
          Luc Suryo
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 2, 2003
            > Just wondering if someone know why the author of webalizer does not
            > answers his e-mail??

            I do.. however since I typically receive 100-200 e-mails a day regarding
            the program, I don't get to respond to every one of them.

          • Luc I. Suryo
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 2, 2003

              > I do.. however since I typically receive 100-200 e-mails a day regarding
              > the program, I don't get to respond to every one of them.
              :) ha he is still alive! :-)

              So the question is can i sent you the new modified version? and would
              you approve it and make it public??

              i have it version 3.00 now as i made quite some change and the last
              version i sent you 2.02 has couple typos...

              btw: i have several friend also moved to webalizer, great program!

              thanks!

              --
              Kind regards,
              Luc Suryo
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 2, 2003
                > can you show online example
                > may be timezone will help me...

                well this one is the same timezone (US/Central == America/Chicago) as the server

                http://www.suryo.biz/trafficreport

                and this one in Central Europe

                http://www.blackangels.org/trafficreport

                there is no password yet but it will be password protected around noon!
                let me know what you think...

                also i do not have everything logged...

                --
                Kind regards,
                Luc Suryo
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 2, 2003
                  well,
                  exactly my problem is webalizer shows wrong Hourly Statistics.
                  It shifts values 3hours according to real value(servers time)..
                  i live in +2 timezone..
                  (shows 1pm stats as 4pm stats)

                  Tunahan
                  thnx
                • Luc I. Suryo
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 2, 2003
                    > well,
                    > exactly my problem is webalizer shows wrong Hourly Statistics.
                    > It shifts values 3hours according to real value(servers time)..
                    > i live in +2 timezone..
                    > (shows 1pm stats as 4pm stats)

                    :) well this version WILL solve that problem!

                    I have timezone in America/Chicago, America/Los_Angeles, America/Denver,
                    America/New_York, Europe/London, Europe/Dublin, Europe/Paris,
                    America/Phoenix, America/Caracas while the server is in Central,

                    and now the stats shows the correct hourly stats for EACH virtual site,
                    we have 190+ site ...

                    the most important things are
                    a) your system must understand correct timezone, do realize that
                    US/Central == US/Chicago and that is important for day-saving-time!

                    b) you must use correct name of the timezone. as you know there are
                    places in teh US that do not respect DST and therefor it is important to
                    have the correct name as well the system knows them... we using Sun
                    Solaris 8 Sparc....

                    anyway so how do we do this? i really would like the 'ok' from the
                    author.... brad??? or just sent the sources ? (i can make it available
                    on my ftp server....)

                    --
                    Kind regards,
                    Luc Suryo
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 7, 2003
                      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "Luc I. Suryo" <luc@s...> wrote:

                      > > can you show online example
                      > > may be timezone will help me...
                      >
                      > well this one is the same timezone (US/Central == America/Chicago)
                      as the server

                      > http://www.suryo.biz/trafficreport
                      > and this one in Central Europe
                      > http://www.blackangels.org/trafficreport
                      > there is no password yet but it will be password protected around
                      noon!
                      > let me know what you think...
                      > also i do not have everything logged...

                      Hi Luc

                      Now that you are modifying code :-) I don't know anything about
                      coding, but have stumbled upon some shortages for the
                      Apache/Webalizer combo.
                      Webalizer doesn't process spaces in GroupAgent. As Apache logs MSIE 6
                      as ' MSIE 6.something' it can't show versions of MSIE. On IIS it
                      shows the version string as '+MSIE+6.something', so there the problem
                      doesn't occur.
                      As the answer from Barrett was a short 'webalizer isn't made for
                      that', I'm a bit stuck, and it would be nice if webalizer could
                      process these lines correctly as well.

                      Kenneth