Large log files, incremental?

  • sardanwebforce <sardan@sardan.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2002
      Hello,

      I have a website that has very large logfiles (several gigs), all in
      one file, no rotation.
      I use webalizer with the "incremental" option, but it's not really
      incremental, given that it process all the file again. I've read the
      readme and it explain that the incremental mode is designed for who
      use rotating logs and who have several logfiles.
      Maybe it have to read all from the beginning because it checks for
      duplicates?

      My problem is that I want in this situation (very large logfile) to
      run a cron job about every 5-10 minutes to get almost realtime logs.
      This shouldn't be a problem if webalizer would just save were it left
      the large file in the last run, but every time the file get processed
      again.

      Is there a way to do what I want to do ? If not, any of you knows a
      program that is able to do it?