Webalizer is reporting more computers than visits

  • Gehring, Harald (elektronische Medien)
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 19, 2002

      we are analyzing our logs with webalizer since almost 2 years. Everything
      works fine. But since almost one month webalizer reports on one server more
      visits than computers. I think, this cannot be true.

      The number of computers is calculated by counting the number of different
      IP-adresses, i think.
      The number of visits is calculated by counting the number of different
      IP-adresses under recognition of the visit timeout (normaly 1800 seconds).

      So the number of computers must be less or equal the number of visits. But
      it cannot be more.

      Whats wrong?

      Regards

      Harald
    • Gehring, Harald (elektronische Medien)
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 19, 2002

        sorry about the error in the previous mail.

        Webalizer is reporting more computer than visits not more visits than
        computers.

        Here the correct text again:

        we are analyzing our logs with webalizer since almost 2 years. Everything
        works fine. But since almost one month webalizer reports on one server more
        computers than visits. I think, this cannot be true. A user (computer) can
        visit once or twice ore more often. So the sum of the visits should be more
        than the sum of the computers.