RE: [webalizer] Multiple Web Servers

  • Paul McCourt
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 11, 2001
      I merge one file into another using the following command in DOS win32

      'type server1.log >> server2.log'

      Then using a perl script, I sort them by date and time.

      'perl combine server2.log >> sorted.log'

      I use a perl script under NT(should work in *nix's as well).

      Because its sorted by date and time, webalizer takes it.

      Anybody thats good out there with perl, could you check this script out and ensure its efficient and is doing the job.  My perl is really weak.

      Regards

      Paul

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 11, 2001
        very good way to solve this configuration,

        i've this problem on a cluster where each server, produce very large file for a day (100Mb), and i plan to make special version of webalizer, for read same time more than one file, (and proceed only "less" date line on each file)

        but now it's not work, perhaps a next day ...

        if someone has idea for this implementation, it's right for me ...

        JNH