RE: [webalizer] Log data being lost

  • Waitman C. Gobble, II
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 13, 2002
      On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 06:59, Stanley Stramel wrote:
      > This is good news! We really don't want to convert the log files if
      > possible. We just did it because the instructions that came with
      > WEBALIZER v2.01-10 said to. I will look for a newer version of
      > WEBALIZER.
      > Thanks
      > Stan

      Stan

      If you go to http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

      the home page talks about W3C support.

      Take care,

      --
      Waitman C. Gobble, II <waitman@...>
      EMK Design
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 13, 2002
        I have downloaded the version of WEBALIZER from
        http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/. When I run it against my W3C
        log file I get:

        Warning: truncating oversized username
        Skipping Bad Record

        The fields specified in the log are:
        date time c-ip cs-username s-ip s-port cs-method cs-uri-stem
        cs-uri-query sc-status sc-bytes cs-bytes cs(user-agent) cs(referer)

        In looking at each record in the log, the cs-username field contains
        only a dash (-). There is an IP address before the dash that should be
        the c-ip and one after that should be the s-ip. Any ideas??

        Stan