RE: [webalizer] Log data being lost

  • Stanley Stramel
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 13, 2002
      This is good news! We really don't want to convert the log files if
      possible. We just did it because the instructions that came with
      WEBALIZER v2.01-10 said to. I will look for a newer version of
      WEBALIZER.
      Thanks
      Stan

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 13, 2002
        On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 06:59, Stanley Stramel wrote:
        > This is good news! We really don't want to convert the log files if
        > possible. We just did it because the instructions that came with
        > WEBALIZER v2.01-10 said to. I will look for a newer version of
        > WEBALIZER.
        > Thanks
        > Stan

        Stan

        If you go to http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

        the home page talks about W3C support.

        Take care,

        --
        Waitman C. Gobble, II <waitman@...>
        EMK Design
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 13, 2002
          I have downloaded the version of WEBALIZER from
          http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/. When I run it against my W3C
          log file I get:

          Warning: truncating oversized username
          Skipping Bad Record

          The fields specified in the log are:
          date time c-ip cs-username s-ip s-port cs-method cs-uri-stem
          cs-uri-query sc-status sc-bytes cs-bytes cs(user-agent) cs(referer)

          In looking at each record in the log, the cs-username field contains
          only a dash (-). There is an IP address before the dash that should be
          the c-ip and one after that should be the s-ip. Any ideas??

          Stan