Report on OS stats...

  • Tom McMillen
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2002
      Is there any way to get a break down of the browser
      types AND Operating systems using webalizer, other
      than having no user agent mangling....

      ideally a breakdown so that a report can be generated
      something like this:

      Windows 76%
      IE6 80%
      IE5.5 15%
      Netscape 7 5%

      Mac 22%
      IE5.5 60%
      Netscape 7 33%
      OmniWeb 4%

      Other 2%

      Thanks

      TM

      http://uk.my.yahoo.com
    • Tunahan UNAL
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2002
        im trying to group user agent with GroupAgent but i could not be able to success..:(
        GroupAgent Opera/3 Opera 3.x
        GroupAgent +MSIE+6* Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x
        GroupAgent +MSIE+5* Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x
        ..

        it doesnot work for me.

        im using IISLog format.

        tunahan

      • fribse2002 <fribse2002@yahoo.dk>
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 2002
          --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Tunahan UNAL <tunahanunal@h...>
          wrote:
          > im trying to group user agent with GroupAgent but i could not be
          able to success..:(
          > GroupAgent Opera/3 Opera 3.x
          > GroupAgent +MSIE+6* Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x
          > GroupAgent +MSIE+5* Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x
          > ..
          >
          > it doesnot work for me.
          >
          > im using IISLog format.
          >
          > tunahan

          For use with IIS there were a lot of GroupAgent directives posted a
          little while back, they seemed to work for people, the order of which
          the directives are given is apparently important (and with this you
          shouldn't use mangleagents).
          For us poor souls using apache, well, there is a small problem in the
          sourcecode.
          If you're using Apache as the webserver, it displays the agent as '
          MSIE 6...'.
          The problem is, that webalizer can NOT handle spaces in the
          Groupagent, I e-mailed Bradford (Mr. Unix) about this, and the only
          answer, sad to say, was 'webalizer isn't designed for this'.

          Kenneth