How to fix a bad stats using incremental processing...

  • jeepdriver
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2002
      Quick explanation of the issue...

      During November the web server admin for one of the boxes I do stats
      for changed his server config to not do dns resolution (failing to
      notify me), after having given me resolved logs since the beginning of
      time.

      I generate his stats output using incremental processing, and now find
      myself needing to rerun stats for November. Is there a way I can
      "hack" November's records out of the history and incremental file?

      I have guessed the structure of the history file, however modifying it
      alone and rerunning webalizer does not produce good results.

      Can I fix the booboo?

      Thanks.
    • jeepdriver
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2002
        Perhaps I can answer my own question, after using better search
        criteria...

        Since I have not processed any December data yet, I can probably just
        delete the November line from the <site>.history files and run
        webalizer for November again right?

        I was reading someone's post on incremental files resetting each
        month, which I guess I can take advantage of because I haven't created
        a new file for December as yet.