Overall stats from multiple log files (in Windows!)

  • Dave Pusey
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2002
      I am running a Windows 2000 Server (yes, i know i should be running
      unix), apatch 1.3.26, and webalizer. I have about 6 domains hosted on
      my server each with individual log files thats are rotated monthly.

      does anyone know how to get webalizer to analayze all of these 6 logs
      to get overall stats for the whole server?

      i used to use "Analog" and could do this by putting multiple LOGFILE
      commands in the config file. i tried this in webalizer but it only
      uses the file from the last LOGFILE command.

      ***** PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT I AM RUNNING WINDOWS!! *****
      I am not a good perl programmer at present, but if you give an
      outline of what the program does, i could convert it to vb6!
    • Husband, John (Infolink)
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2002
        With VB6 you should be able to copy and merge your six logs into one.
        Then run Webalizer on the resulting merged log. Just an idea.

        Gluck,

        -John

        I am running a Windows 2000 Server (yes, i know i should be running
        unix), apatch 1.3.26, and webalizer. I have about 6 domains hosted on
        my server each with individual log files thats are rotated monthly.

        does anyone know how to get webalizer to analayze all of these 6 logs
        to get overall stats for the whole server?

        i used to use "Analog" and could do this by putting multiple LOGFILE
        commands in the config file. i tried this in webalizer but it only
        uses the file from the last LOGFILE command.

        ***** PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT I AM RUNNING WINDOWS!! *****
        I am not a good perl programmer at present, but if you give an
        outline of what the program does, i could convert it to vb6!

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Dave Pusey
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2002
          Ok, I can do the merging ok in visual basic 6, but how can i do the
          sorting? i can't seem to get it working!

          --- In webalizer@y..., "Husband, John (Infolink)" <jhusband@i...>
          wrote:
          > With VB6 you should be able to copy and merge your six logs into
          one.
          > Then run Webalizer on the resulting merged log. Just an idea.
          >
          > Gluck,
          >
          > -John

          Windows!)

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2002
            Also, i've just found a java application at this URL.....

            http://ostermiller.org/webalizer/

            Does anyway reckon that this is the perfect solution to my problem?

            --- In webalizer@y..., "Dave Pusey" <davejpusey@y...> wrote:
            > Ok, I can do the merging ok in visual basic 6, but how can i do
            the
            > sorting? i can't seem to get it working!
            >

            > --- In webalizer@y..., "Husband, John (Infolink)" <jhusband@i...>
            > wrote:
            > > With VB6 you should be able to copy and merge your six logs into
            > one.
            > > Then run Webalizer on the resulting merged log. Just an idea.
            > >
            > > Gluck,
            > >
            > > -John

          • Waitman C. Gobble, II
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4, 2002
              On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 12:16, Dave Pusey wrote:
              > Also, i've just found a java application at this URL.....
              >
              > http://ostermiller.org/webalizer/
              >
              > Does anyway reckon that this is the perfect solution to my problem?

              Hey Dave,

              My wife says we should start a business together or something.

              Take care,

              --
              Waitman Gobble EMK Design Buena Park, California
              http://emkdesign.com +1.7145222528 waitman@...
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 5, 2002
                what the hell?