Page Views

  • kornisufos
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 16, 2002
      Hiya,

      I am using webalizer by default on my hosting account with iPowerWeb
      but my the daily numbers in my 'Pages' column is very low, it is
      giving basically the same figures as my bCentral hitcounter which is
      only on my index page. Until it died, I used allfreestats.com and my
      daily page views was always over 10,000 with daily unique visitors
      around 1000. With webalizer I am getting a slightly lower figure for
      unique visitors, and daily page views of 1000-2000, I am comparing
      stats for the same period of time (August this year) so it is not due
      to a slump in traffic.

      I am using basic HTML with tables, one bookmark javascript and SSI,
      so I am using .shtml file extentions for the HTML files. If you wish
      to look at the code or site the URL is http://www.alien-ufos.com/

      Can anyone give me a reason for the huge difference in readings given
      by webalizer and allfreestats, in particular the number of daily page
      views?

      Thanks,

      Xander Mahony
      Alien-UFOs.com