I am newbie

  • ctkum
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2002
      Hi there,

      I have just downloaded the version 2.01 on my redhat 8.0 and trying
      to run it.

      But i am confused with the concept of the webalizer.history and the
      webalizer.current files! i don't have these 2 files in output
      directory, for the first time running of webalizer, what is the
      contents of these 2 files? Can i just create (with touch command) 2
      empty files?

      I have set the ignorehistory=no, incremental=yes. but when i run

      webalizer /home/httpd/access_log

      Webalizer V2.01-10 (Linux 2.4.18-14) English
      Using logfile /home/httpd/access_log (clf)
      Creating output in /var/www/html/usage
      Hostname for reports is 'localhost'
      Reading history file... webalizer.hist
      Reading previous run data.. webalizer.current
      Error: Unable to restore run data (1)

      Any help would be very much appreciated!

      Thanks,
      Kum
    • Gray . Brendan
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2002
        Those files hold data of previous run results. When you're running
        webalizer every x number of times, it stores the previously run data in
        those files, so it can generate a page which shows current up to the date
        traffic data. Also, I'm pretty sure RH 8.0 includes a rpm of webalizer.

        Brendan