Wrong Results

  • Juergen Giwiser
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2002
      Can anyone explain how it is possible that the results from webalizer
      are at 15 % higher by collecting only the Servlets as doing a "grep"
      and counting the Servlet entries on a Apache LogFile.

      Regards
      Juergen Giwiser

      __________________________________
      Jürgen Giwiser
      System Engineer
      Herold Business Data AG

      e-mail: juergen.giwiser@...
      mobil: +43 664 610 84 74
      tel: +43 2236 401 619
      fax: +43 2236 401 689

      Besuchen Sie uns im Internet unter:

      www.superpages.at
      www.b2b.at
      www.herold.at
      www.123-marketing.at
      www.startyourcompany.at
      ____________________________________
    • Guy M. Grimes - UCS-COM
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2002
        Webalizer factors in the users node, time, page etc. A new hit is not
        necessarily repeated clicks on the same page in less than 30 seconds. Some
        of this stuff is factored out to get a more realistic picture of what's
        actually happening. I'm sure the programmer can give you a more accurate
        definition. In my case I was using live logs instead using the 1st one
        after rotation which left gaps in the results. If this is simular to your
        issue change your log rotations to daily and then run webalizer on the
        rotated logs which will have a (.1) dot one extension.