Re: [webalizer] losing history files

  • Kees de Keizer
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 16 4:59 AM
      Morris Jones wrote on 15-10-2002:

      > I'm having a problem around losing past months from the history file.
      >
      > I'm running 2.01-06
      >
      > I built my usage graphs by running all my old logs through
      > webalizer from the past year. I'd like to do daily updates
      > now, using just the current access_log. But when I do, the
      > webalizer.hist file is truncated to only the current month.
      > I have Incremental set to yes, and IgnoreHist is set to no.
      > Is it possible to get webalizer to preserve the past months
      > history and not have to reprocess all the logs from the past
      > year?

      This is odd. The webalizer.hist file can contain up to 12
      months. How is your IncrementalName called. Usually it's
      called "webalizer.current". In this file, the data for the
      current month is saved.
      Wirehub! part of easynet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
      http://www.wirehub.net/ kees.de.keizer@...
      It's all bananas! [Crazy for You]
    • Morris Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 16 10:51 AM
        On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Kees de Keizer wrote:

        > Morris Jones wrote on 15-10-2002:
        >
        > > I'm having a problem around losing past months from the history file.
        > >
        > > I'm running 2.01-06
        > >
        > > I built my usage graphs by running all my old logs through
        > > webalizer from the past year. I'd like to do daily updates
        > > now, using just the current access_log. But when I do, the
        > > webalizer.hist file is truncated to only the current month.
        > > I have Incremental set to yes, and IgnoreHist is set to no.
        > > Is it possible to get webalizer to preserve the past months
        > > history and not have to reprocess all the logs from the past
        > > year?
        >
        > This is odd. The webalizer.hist file can contain up to 12
        > months. How is your IncrementalName called. Usually it's
        > called "webalizer.current". In this file, the data for the
        > current month is saved.

        IncrementalName webalizer.current

        Yes, that's how it's set. In order to get all months I'm deleting
        webalizer.hist and webalizer.current and processing all of the log
        files again.

        I'll turn on a debugging switch and see if I can learn anything from
        the log files.

        Best regards,
        Mojo
        --