webalizer.current is getting huge!

  • Klaus Kettner
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2002

      i am processing logfiles from one of our proxies (squid), the logfiles
      have about 500 MB daily (daily, yes). As i also process them daily, my
      webalizer.current grows and grows and grows. After processing 20 days,
      my logfile is nearly 400 MB large and that seems to slow down Webalizer
      dramatically.

      Processing one logfile takes nearly 2 hours on a dual-prozessor Pentium
      III 700 MHz with 4 Gigs of memory, on the first day of the month - with
      an empty webalizer.current - it just takes 10 minutes to run.

      Any ideas? Would processing of the complete month (no traffic on weekends,
      ~15 Gig Logfile) be more efficient, when the incremental option is dis-
      abled?

      --
      -kk-

      Siemens Business Services | Telefon 0911/9783069 | N 49°28'59,7"
      ITS ORS AHS 232 - Fuerth | Mobil 0160/8853483 | E 10°57'37,1"