dns lookups - particular failure

  • frank.eiche@epost.de
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 19, 2000

      I'm using the latest webalizer win32 port for 2 months now and I'm
      quite satisfied with it.

      I created a batch script, that is run every day at 0:00 am and the
      results are shown in an own website, that every employee can see in
      our intranet. Everything is fine, but...

      There is a problem with the dns lookups: there are some entrys, that
      are still shown as IP adress, even if a dns name is known to our dns
      server (or at least to the root servers).

      Example: 212.121.159.242 should be shown as xxx,rtl.de or something
      similar, a query at ripe shows, that this IP adress belongs to
      www.rtl.de.

      Any idea for this?

      thanx
      Frank