Re: [webalizer] What is the difference between Extreme Tracking & Webalizer...I have both..

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2002
      > I use Extreme Tracking, the free tracker on 5 pages of my site,
      > www.mahlers.com. On average I am getting visited 4 to 5 times per day
      > according to Extreme Tracking. On the other hand, via my webhost,
      > Hostsave.com, Webalizer has reported 50 to 110 hits per day with a total
      > of nearly 32000 hits since the first week of July 2002. I ask you, why
      > such a tremendous difference? What does Webalizer do regarding hits
      > that Extreme Tracking doesn't?

      Remote 'counters' are not accurate and can easily be circumvented. The
      only accurate method to determine web server usage is by using the log
      file it generates.

    • John Elvin
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2002
        If you have links on the counted pages which someone clicks before Extreme
        Tracking counts their visit, then I suspect this could be a cause of the
        discrepancy. I also use both and my Webalizer visits are consistently higher
        than Extreme Tracking.

        John

        I use Extreme Tracking, the free tracker on 5 pages of my site,
        www.mahlers.com. On average I am getting visited 4 to 5 times per day
        according to Extreme Tracking. On the other hand, via my webhost,
        Hostsave.com, Webalizer has reported 50 to 110 hits per day with a total of
        nearly 32000 hits since the first week of July 2002. I ask you, why such a
        tremendous difference? What does Webalizer do regarding hits that Extreme
        Tracking doesn't?

        Thanks,

        William K. Mahler

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor