IIS5 showing incorrect time

  • daddy_root
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      I've noticed that the time on my computer and the time on my IIS5
      logs are off by about 4 hours. i.e., if it's 7:00 AM, my log shows
      11:00 AM. Any ideas on how to fix this? There don't seem to be any
      configurable options for time within IIS itself.

      Also - does anyone know of a good HOWTO for setting up reverse DNS
      lookup within webalizer?

      Regards,

      Rob
    • Gray . Brendan
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
        I don't know how to fix it, but it sounds like your IIS server is logging
        the time as GMT instead of Eastern Time (US). A few years back I was using
        MS Site Server to analyze my logs, and ran into the same problem. A temp
        solution was to change the local time on the server to match GMT. I forget
        what we did as a better solution, or if we even found one.

        Brendan

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
          Hi Rob,

          The default IIS5 logs use Greenish Mean Time instead of the actual time on
          your system. If you want the time in your logs matches that of your system,
          change your log format to say Microsoft IIS format.

          Cheers,

          Edmond.