Re: [webalizer] Clients and visits

  • Stephen Moretti
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002

      > I installed webalizer with default configuration on one server..... the
      > problem is that the visits are fewer than the clients.Please can you tell
      > me if someone had the same problem? and if anyone has the answer please
      > tell me :)

      Clients? What do you mean by clients?

      Visits _should_ be the number of unique IP addresses accessing your site
      which have spent a period of time on your server with a 20 minute (?) idle
      period.

      Hmmm... Ok now again in english....
      A user with the ip address 10.1.1.10 visits your web site. They spend 10
      minutes wandering around your site and become idle. When they have been
      idle for 20 minutes (I think this is the default in webalizer), that ends
      their visit.

      If that same user accesses your site after they have been idle for 20
      minutes, then that consitutes a new visit.

      Make sense? Basically your visits should be pretty high....

      Now then, I say _should_ because I don't think the visit counter code is
      working correctly in webalizer.... I honestly don't believe that an average
      6 visits will access an average 1260 page between them. That's like 210
      pages each! Now I know there is a load of information on this particular
      site, but I don't really believe that the visitors will access that much
      information!

      I would believe an average of 20 pages per visit and 60 visitors giving an
      average 1200 pages....

      Just my 2p

      Regards

      Stephen
    • Oriol Garcia
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2002
        Hi

        We change webalizer 1.36 to 2.01 all with no webalizer.conf ( default conf
        ).We noticed that in webalizer 1.36 clients are less than visits.... now in
        webalizer 2.01 visits are less than clients anyone have an idea why this
        happens?

        Regards