On Some websites webalizer will not correctly authorize username and password

  • sparmerlin
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2002
      Hi all,
      Webalizer works fine on about 1/2 the sites I host but on the
      remainder it displays the username/ password screen 3 times and then
      displays :
      Authorization Required
      This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the
      document you requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials
      (e.g. bad password), or your browser does not understand how to
      supply the credentials required.

      I have created new administrators, changed passwords, verified that
      the \stats directory exists and has data.

      I have scanned this newsgroup - but have not found anything ( It may
      be there - if so throw me a bone). I have Search google and cobalt
      newsgroups etc .

      I am running
      PHP Release 4.1.2-3
      Webalizer Release 2.01.10-1
      on a cobalt Raq4 box

      If anyone can give me any ideas as to why it works on some website
      but not others I would be forever in you debt

      Thanks

      Dave