Reanalyzing logs

  • gene01@smalltime.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2000
      Is there any way to reanalyze logs? Here is my situation:
      I do incremental analyses using a history file. The access log
      got rotated between webalizer runs and webalizer got run on
      the new log file without running it first on the old file that
      had already been incrementally processed several times. That
      left several days unanalyzed.

      I tried running webalizer on the old log file, it gave me
      a message that 6757584 lines had been ignored and 1 was bad
      out of 6757585 lines and made no changes to the usage files.
      I tried running it with the -i flag to ignore history, but
      again no changes. I want to be able to reanalyze this old
      log file, but not have to throw out the incremental info from
      previous runs of webalizer (since I don't have the older log
      files). From the webalizer docs, it isn't clear to me if
      this can be done and, if so, how to do it.

      Any help would be appreciated.