Re: [webalizer] search strings work & don't work

  • David Koski
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 20, 2002
      On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 10:30:59 +0100
      "Richard Unwin" <dush.unwin@...> wrote:

      > I'm running to identical copies of webalizer.conf for two different sites. (the URLs have been changed in the conf, but that's all.) I have included an extensive list of query strings in the "SearchEngine" section of the .conf file.
      >
      > On one site, the usage stats work perfectly, including search strings. On the other, it works but without any search strings! How can this be when the conf. files are the same, as are many of the referring sites?
      >
      > Grateful for any ideas!

      I had the same problem until someone pointed out the obvious: check that a PageType references everything you want logged. In my case, I had to add "PageType shtml" and "PageType txt".

      David Koski
    • hornblowerguru
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 26, 2002
        Anyone know if you can get webalizer to log all search strings from
        sites that use more than one query string eg msn.com? Webalizer seems
        to parse just the first msn.com SearchEngine string and ignores the
        rest - no good if the search string came through on the second or
        third in the list!

        David, on the previous point, thanks but I don't have any .txt or
        shtml pages. Strange.... What I find is if I upload
        a "standard" .conf file for the first time Webalizer runs on a site,
        and then update with my copy the next day, all the search terms
        appear. If I start with my version staright away for the first
        cronjob, all my specifications work exept search query strings.