Logging 404 errors?

  • askwar
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2002
      Hi!

      Webalizer is nicely showing the number of 404 errors for the logs it
      processes, however I'd also be interested in knowing the referer to
      these 404'ing pages and the page that faulted itself.

      Is this possible?

      Thanks,
      Alexander Skwar
    • Glen Mehn
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2002
        askwar wrote:

        >Hi!
        >
        >Webalizer is nicely showing the number of 404 errors for the logs it
        >processes, however I'd also be interested in knowing the referer to
        >these 404'ing pages and the page that faulted itself.
        >
        >Is this possible?

        Webalizer doesn't do this, however (assuming you're logging the referrer):

        grep ' 404 ' /path/to/logfile >> /path/to/some/output/file

        should do it...

        then you can get the referrer from those files...

        -g