Re: Automated Daily Stats via cron

  • mikalgis
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2002
      Thanks Kees; I'll try that. But beside I think I need a forum for
      IIS server (lol) - That's quite different than what I know...

      Algis

      --- In webalizer@y..., Kees de Keizer <kees.de.keizer@w...> wrote:
      > On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, mikalgis wrote:
      >
      > >How can I achieve the same in IIS ??
      > >I have 400+ VHosts and need to run their ex02mmdd.log files and
      would
      > >love to give them :live" or at least "daily" webalizer stats??
      > >Can I share the dnslookup file? Can I have 1 .conf by VHost like
      in
      > >the Apache scheme?
      > >
      > >Anyone with previous experience that is willing to help - Thanks.
      > >
      > >Just been "promoted" (??) webmaster with 400+ customers under W2K
      and
      > >IIS - Beside the complete mess to arrange I have to setup stats for
      > >the clients ASAP; as they dont have anything and I dont want them
      > >feel we dont deliver...
      >
      > Take a look at this site: http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/
      >
      > I use this version on my IIS systems with several hosts, just
      > using 1 webalizer.conf and 1 file with the host configuration.
      > --
      > Kees de Keizer NT Administrator T: +31-10-2448344
      > Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
      > http://www.wirehub.net/ mailto:kees.de.keizer@w...
    • Henk Schrik
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 2, 2002

        Just kidding but also serious :=)

        At 07:11 2-9-2002 +0000, you wrote:
        >Thanks Kees; I'll try that. But beside I think I need a forum for
        >IIS server (lol) - That's quite different than what I know...
        Try Sambar-server or Apache.

        >Algis
      • Kees de Keizer
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 2, 2002
          On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Henk Schrik wrote:

          >>Thanks Kees; I'll try that. But beside I think I need a forum for
          >>IIS server (lol) - That's quite different than what I know...
          >Just kidding but also serious :=)
          >Try Sambar-server or Apache.

          It ain't funny if you want to run your in BASIC written website
          under Sambar. Simply, because it won't work. The choice for
          IIS is not always up to the administrator, but more up to the
          customers. I don't intent to begin a Apache <> IIS war, but
          such answers do not add anything to the solution for this
          problem.
          Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356