Re: [webalizer] Running stats

  • Henk Schrik
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 15, 2002
      At 07:14 15-8-2002 -0700, you wrote:
      >How do you run log files for more than one day?
      Obviously you work with IIS-log ?,
      has nothing to do with the log analyses programms
      that exist.

      Merge your logfiles or use wildcard :=)
      everyday the dayly log merging with the former days,
      into weekfiles or month files whatever you like.

      >Are you supposed to append the files to one file? or
      >use wildcards? ie. webalizer
      >/home/sites/logs/www.website.com.access*
      >
      >How are multiple months kept? I have only been able to
      >run a single day log file - when I run a 2nd log it
      >overwrites the previous.
      If you have done the above then using incremental
      on webalizer will solve this.
      If you dont want to use incremental, be aware what
      output directory and output name you give to the files.
      Using only default will surely overwrite the output
      from your week, or month earlier.

      Henk Schrik
      tel. (31)(0)6 53612294
      e-mail: h.schrik@...