RE: [webalizer] Re: Parsing W3C Log Files

  • Kees de Keizer
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 15, 2002
      Andrew wrote on 13-08-2002:

      > I never saw anything in readme files about the webalizer being able to
      > successfully parse W3C log files. I tried what you did, and got the same
      > message. If you open the log file being parsed, you’ll find that much of
      > the information is stripped down to the bare information similar to NCSA
      > format.

      Parsing W3C files can only with the version downloaded from
      http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/ and the setting for
      Logtype set to iis. The W3C files should at least contain the
      following fields:

      "date", "time", "c-ip","cs-username", "cs-uri-stem", "sc-status",
      "sc-bytes", "cs(User-Agent)", "cs(Referer)")
      Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
      One moment in his presence and you can forget the rest [Chorus Line]
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 15, 2002
        > Parsing W3C files can only with the version downloaded from
        > http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

        Umm, not exactly. There is a w3c patch on the webalizer ftp
        site for the official version..

      • Rufo Casquino
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 15, 2002
          Yes, I just implemented in my Linux box, find it using google webalizer+w3c
          http://archive.mgm51.com/mirrors/webalizer-files/contrib/webalizer-w3c.diff.
          txt

          Regards.
          Rufo
          > > Parsing W3C files can only with the version downloaded from
          > > http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/
          >
          > Umm, not exactly. There is a w3c patch on the webalizer ftp
          > site for the official version..
          >
          > --
          > Bradford L. Barrett brad@...

        • foamspoon2002
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 19, 2002
            I finally gave up extended W3C - Logging and turned it to common NCSA.
            This works fine !!!

          • foamspoon2002
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 19, 2002