SERIOUS HELP! log files over 1.0 gig!

  • dbrimlow
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2002
      I took over a web site that last ran a 12 month report in May (may
      2001 - April 2002). I tried to run it again and got a June 2002 -
      Present 2002). My log file has over 1 GIG!! of data and I had 3
      million hits in July alone. Is there a way for me to combine the
      previous history with the current report to get a simple 12 month
      report? I think my disk quota may be interferring.

      Dave
    • Maurice Kevenaar
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6, 2002
        Try to add the volowing line to your conf file:

        Incremental yes

        Good luck!

        --

        Maurice Kevenaar
        ICQ:59101702

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 8, 2002
          The incrementa was already set to yes. I can run June 2002 to July
          2002, or May 2001-April 2002. I can't get them to merge and update.

          --- In webalizer@y..., "Maurice Kevenaar" <m.kevenaar@p...> wrote:
          > Try to add the volowing line to your conf file:
          >
          > Incremental yes
          >

          > Good luck!
          >

          > --
          >
          > Maurice Kevenaar
          > ICQ:59101702
          > http://www.kevenaar-it.nl/~maurice/

          Service.
        • Kees de Keizer
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 9, 2002
            dbrimlow wrote on 08-08-2002:

            > [Stats over a long period of time]
            > The incrementa was already set to yes. I can run June 2002 to July
            > 2002, or May 2001-April 2002. I can't get them to merge and update.

            The main page for webalizer only show the last 12 months, but
            the monthly pages over the previous periode should still be
            there. There named accouring to this template: usage_YYYYMM.html

            So the stats for March 2001 can be accessed by changing the
            url to http://<stats_page>/usage_200103.html
            Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
            Ain't got no smokes [Hair]
          • dbrimlow
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 13, 2002
              Does this mean I can delete the 200104, 05, 06 & 07.html pages and
              simply move the new 200206,07,08.html files into the smae directory?
              It stopped reading and writing as og April 2002. It then ran a new
              history from June -- current.
              Dave