Re: [webalizer] IIS

  • Kees de Keizer
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 30, 2002
      tunahanunal@... wrote on 30-07-2002:

      > I have a question about running webalizer on IIS 5.0.
      > I copied one of log files from /WINNT/System32/LogFiles/M3svc1/ex020730.log
      > to webalizer directory..Configured webalizer.conf file.
      > But webalizer gives me an error :
      > ''Warning: Truncating oversized username Skipping bad record (41)
      > No valid records found! ''
      > Should i change IIS's logging style? or whatever?..

      If you use Webalizer from http://www.webalizer.org, you should
      set your logformat to : NCSA and in the webalizer.conf the setting
      should be: Logtype clf

      If you use the version from http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/
      you can use the extended log format (logfiles starting with 'ex')
      and in the webalizer.conf the setting should be: Logtype iis.
      Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
    • mikalgis
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 29, 2002
        How can I achieve the same in IIS ??
        I have 400+ VHosts and need to run their ex02mmdd.log files and would
        love to give them :live" or at least "daily" webalizer stats??
        Can I share the dnslookup file? Can I have 1 .conf by VHost like in
        the Apache scheme?

        Anyone with previous experience that is willing to help - Thanks.

        Just been "promoted" (??) webmaster with 400+ customers under W2K and
        IIS - Beside the complete mess to arrange I have to setup stats for
        the clients ASAP; as they dont have anything and I dont want them to
        feel we dont deliver...

        Thanks again in advance,

        Algis

        --- In webalizer@y..., "Guy M. Grimes - UCS-COM" <ggrimes@u...> wrote:
        > Create the /etc/webalizer folder as stated in the instructions: One
        config
        > file name to each domain name.conf
        > Create this script file: runwebalizer.sh place in your /bin folder
        and make
        > executable.
        > ---------------------------script begin -------------------
        > #! /bin/sh
        > for i in /etc/webalizer/*.conf
        > do /usr/local/bin/webalizer -c $i
        > done
        >
        > ------------------script end ---------------------------------
        > Make sure the path to your webalizer executable is correct for your
        system.
        > This will run all *.conf files in the /etc/webalizer folder. Then
        enter the
        > /bin/runwebalizer.sh into your cron job, run as root and set the
        time you
        > want it to run daily. Make sure you adjust
        your /etc/logrotate.d/apache
        > file to reflect all apache logs to rotate. And check your default
        cron job
        > that includes these log rotations to rotate 5 to 10 minutes after
        webalizer
        > runs. I do this early in the morning where there is the least
        amout of
        > traffic.

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Kees de Keizer
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 29, 2002
          On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, mikalgis wrote:

          >How can I achieve the same in IIS ??
          >I have 400+ VHosts and need to run their ex02mmdd.log files and would
          >love to give them :live" or at least "daily" webalizer stats??
          >Can I share the dnslookup file? Can I have 1 .conf by VHost like in
          >the Apache scheme?
          >
          >Anyone with previous experience that is willing to help - Thanks.
          >
          >Just been "promoted" (??) webmaster with 400+ customers under W2K and
          >IIS - Beside the complete mess to arrange I have to setup stats for
          >the clients ASAP; as they dont have anything and I dont want them to
          >feel we dont deliver...

          Take a look at this site: http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

          I use this version on my IIS systems with several hosts, just
          using 1 webalizer.conf and 1 file with the host configuration.
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 2 12:11 AM
            Thanks Kees; I'll try that. But beside I think I need a forum for
            IIS server (lol) - That's quite different than what I know...

            Algis

            --- In webalizer@y..., Kees de Keizer <kees.de.keizer@w...> wrote:
            > On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, mikalgis wrote:
            >
            > >How can I achieve the same in IIS ??
            > >I have 400+ VHosts and need to run their ex02mmdd.log files and
            would
            > >love to give them :live" or at least "daily" webalizer stats??
            > >Can I share the dnslookup file? Can I have 1 .conf by VHost like
            in
            > >the Apache scheme?
            > >
            > >Anyone with previous experience that is willing to help - Thanks.
            > >
            > >Just been "promoted" (??) webmaster with 400+ customers under W2K
            and
            > >IIS - Beside the complete mess to arrange I have to setup stats for
            > >the clients ASAP; as they dont have anything and I dont want them
            > >feel we dont deliver...
            >
            > Take a look at this site: http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/
            >
            > I use this version on my IIS systems with several hosts, just
            > using 1 webalizer.conf and 1 file with the host configuration.
            > --
            > Kees de Keizer NT Administrator T: +31-10-2448344
            > Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
            > http://www.wirehub.net/ mailto:kees.de.keizer@w...
          • Henk Schrik
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 2 11:28 AM

              Just kidding but also serious :=)

              At 07:11 2-9-2002 +0000, you wrote:
              >Thanks Kees; I'll try that. But beside I think I need a forum for
              >IIS server (lol) - That's quite different than what I know...
              Try Sambar-server or Apache.

              >Algis
            • Kees de Keizer
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 2 1:12 PM
                On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Henk Schrik wrote:

                >>Thanks Kees; I'll try that. But beside I think I need a forum for
                >>IIS server (lol) - That's quite different than what I know...
                >Just kidding but also serious :=)
                >Try Sambar-server or Apache.

                It ain't funny if you want to run your in BASIC written website
                under Sambar. Simply, because it won't work. The choice for
                IIS is not always up to the administrator, but more up to the
                customers. I don't intent to begin a Apache <> IIS war, but
                such answers do not add anything to the solution for this
                problem.
                Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356