webalizer for subwebs

  • Kristi Gilleland
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2002

      Is it possible to have webalizer provide stats to each frontpage subweb?  The webs are located like rootweb->subwebs_>eachIndividualSubweb

      I'm fairly new to Linux, could someone point me in the right direction for something to help me with this if so?

      Thank you in advance,

      Kristi G.

    • Guy M. Grimes - UCS-COM
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 15, 2002
        Yes, you need the same type of log you have for your server domain customlog that's you defined in your Apache httpd.conf except define one for each domain.
        1.  CustomLog for each domain (if your user login folder is seperate from the domain root you can have the logs printed there but if not then have them created in your /var/log/httpd folder naming each one access_log.eachdomain.xxx and error_log.eachdomain.xxx.
        2.  Make sure you create _stats folder in each domains webroot.
        3.  in your /etc/webalizer folder create a webalizer.conf file named to each domain like userdomain.xxx.conf You can use the shell script on the webalizer site to run all the *.conf files that exists in your /etc/webalizer folder.
        4. Don't forget to modify your /etc/logrotate.d/apache file to add each new log you create or one day your logs will get so huge the system will run out of memory. Same if your creating ftp logs for each domain you would modify your ftp logrotate file for the deamon your using to add each log.  This way the logs will get rotated and delteded to your specifications.