Multiple domains

  • corbinb2
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2002
      I have put this post out before with no response but will try again.

      I have a site that has several domain names pointed to it. The
      problem I'm having is that the URLs section is not recording hits to
      the sites pages when the site is accessed using a domain name other
      than the main one. These alternate domains do show up under the
      Referrers section though.

      Is there a way to rectify this so that the URLs list is added to no
      matter the domain name the visitor came in on?

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      CorbinB2
    • Waitman C. Gobble, II
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 11, 2002
        hello

        what server are you using and how are you handling the multiple domains?
        ie, using Apache with the <VirtualHost> directive and ServerAlias

        thanks

        waitman

        > I have put this post out before with no response but will try again.
        >
        > I have a site that has several domain names pointed to it. The
        > problem I'm having is that the URLs section is not recording hits to
        > the sites pages when the site is accessed using a domain name other
        > than the main one. These alternate domains do show up under the
        > Referrers section though.
        >
        > Is there a way to rectify this so that the URLs list is added to no
        > matter the domain name the visitor came in on?
        >
        > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > CorbinB2

      • PeterBX
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 11, 2002
          Yes using Apache as you described

          > I have put this post out before with no response but will try again.
          >
          > I have a site that has several domain names pointed to it. The
          > problem I'm having is that the URLs section is not recording hits to
          > the sites pages when the site is accessed using a domain name other
          > than the main one. These alternate domains do show up under the
          > Referrers section though.
          >
          > Is there a way to rectify this so that the URLs list is added to no
          > matter the domain name the visitor came in on?
          >
          > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
          >
          > CorbinB2

        • Glen Mehn
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 12, 2002
            What I do in this case is have each vdomain log to it's own file :

            LogFormat .... combined
            TransferLog "|/usr/local/sbin/cronolog /var/log/apache/%m-access.<vhost>.log

            and then run webalzier on each VirtualHost logging.

            -g