Help on 'webalizer.conf' file

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5, 2002

      I have been trying to configure Webalizer, but I have a question about the ‘webalizer.conf’ file.  Is it supposed to be with the files that come with the .zip file because it isn’t there; or I am supposed to create the ‘webalizer.conf’ file?

      Andrew

    • Henk Schrik
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5, 2002
        At 10:31 5-7-2002 -0500, you wrote:

        >I have been trying to configure Webalizer, but I have a question about the
        >'webalizer.conf' file. Is it supposed to be with the files that come with
        >the .zip file because it isn't there; or I am supposed to create the
        >'webalizer.conf' file?

        Just look at the file sample.conf thats the configuration file.
        For your convenience you may rename it to webalizer.conf :=)

        >Andrew

        Greets,

        Henk Schrik
        tel. (31)(0)6 53612294
        e-mail: h.schrik@...
        website: http://henk.schrik.nl
        or http://henk.schrik.org
      • Guy M. Grimes - UCS-COM
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 5, 2002
          Andrew go to webizer.net and download the conf file.  Edit and place it on your server where you plan to store conf files.  If your using unix you might create a folder off your /etc folder called webalizer and name each conf file domainname.top.conf for each domain you plan to run.  A shell script in on the webalizer site you can use to process all files in the /etc/webalizer folder.  Makes it handy to add a new cofig file and have it automatically process in your daily cron job.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 6, 2002

            Thanks a lot for your help.  I’ll do that.