Re: [webalizer] Showing only off-site referrers

  • Henk Schrik
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2 12:21 AM
      At 18:29 1-7-2002 -0700, you wrote:
      >Howdy, I'm loving Webalizer but I'm wondering if there's a way to show
      >only referrers that are from OFF-site. I tag a lot of my off-site links
      >with codes so I know where they're coming from (i.e.
      ><http://themepark.com?f=y>http://themepark.com?f=y for a link to
      >themepark.com from Yahoo!), but right now the top 30 referrers are all
      >internal links, naturally. I don't think upping this number to the 'top
      >100' or whatever will help-- I really just need to the local links
      >filtered right out. Any suggestions?

      Just see what the first numbers are of those internal links
      en strip those from your analyses.
      or strip <http://themepark.com?f=y>http://themepark.com?f=y from your
      analyses (referrer).
      for instance leave out 264.117.* or something like 63.120.17.*

      >many thanks,
      >Eric

      >Webalizer homepage: <http://www.webalizer.org>http://www.webalizer.org
      >Webalizer for NT:
      ><http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/>http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

      Henk Schrik
      tel. (31)(0)6 53612294
      e-mail: h.schrik@...
      website: http://henk.schrik.nl
      or http://henk.schrik.org
    • PeterBX
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2 5:20 AM
        If you do not want the hits for internal referrers added into the stats you can also use

        IgnoreReferrer themepark.com

        On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 06:29:08PM -0700, Eric Mueller wrote:
        > Howdy, I'm loving Webalizer but I'm wondering if there's a way to show
        > only referrers that are from OFF-site. I tag a lot of my off-site links
        > with codes so I know where they're coming from (i.e.
        > http://themepark.com?f=y for a link to themepark.com from Yahoo!), but
        > right now the top 30 referrers are all internal links, naturally. I
        > don't think upping this number to the 'top 100' or whatever will help--
        > I really just need to the local links filtered right out. Any
        > suggestions?

        try

        HideReferrer themepark.com

        Vinai