Re: [webalizer] Showing only off-site referrers

  • Vinai Kopp
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
      On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 06:29:08PM -0700, Eric Mueller wrote:
      > Howdy, I'm loving Webalizer but I'm wondering if there's a way to show
      > only referrers that are from OFF-site. I tag a lot of my off-site links
      > with codes so I know where they're coming from (i.e.
      > http://themepark.com?f=y for a link to themepark.com from Yahoo!), but
      > right now the top 30 referrers are all internal links, naturally. I
      > don't think upping this number to the 'top 100' or whatever will help--
      > I really just need to the local links filtered right out. Any
      > suggestions?

      try

      HideReferrer themepark.com

      Vinai
    • Henk Schrik
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
        At 18:29 1-7-2002 -0700, you wrote:
        >Howdy, I'm loving Webalizer but I'm wondering if there's a way to show
        >only referrers that are from OFF-site. I tag a lot of my off-site links
        >with codes so I know where they're coming from (i.e.
        ><http://themepark.com?f=y>http://themepark.com?f=y for a link to
        >themepark.com from Yahoo!), but right now the top 30 referrers are all
        >internal links, naturally. I don't think upping this number to the 'top
        >100' or whatever will help-- I really just need to the local links
        >filtered right out. Any suggestions?

        Just see what the first numbers are of those internal links
        en strip those from your analyses.
        or strip <http://themepark.com?f=y>http://themepark.com?f=y from your
        analyses (referrer).
        for instance leave out 264.117.* or something like 63.120.17.*

        >many thanks,
        >Eric

        >Webalizer homepage: <http://www.webalizer.org>http://www.webalizer.org
        >Webalizer for NT:
        ><http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/>http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

        Henk Schrik
        tel. (31)(0)6 53612294
        e-mail: h.schrik@...
        website: http://henk.schrik.nl
        or http://henk.schrik.org
      • PeterBX
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
          If you do not want the hits for internal referrers added into the stats you can also use

          IgnoreReferrer themepark.com