Showing only off-site referrers

  • Eric Mueller
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
      Message
      Howdy, I'm loving Webalizer but I'm wondering if there's a way to show only referrers that are from OFF-site. I tag a lot of my off-site links with codes so I know where they're coming from (i.e. http://themepark.com?f=y for a link to themepark.com from Yahoo!), but right now the top 30 referrers are all internal links, naturally. I don't think upping this number to the 'top 100' or whatever will help-- I really just need to the local links filtered right out. Any suggestions?

      many thanks,
      Eric

    • Vinai Kopp
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
        On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 06:29:08PM -0700, Eric Mueller wrote:
        > Howdy, I'm loving Webalizer but I'm wondering if there's a way to show
        > only referrers that are from OFF-site. I tag a lot of my off-site links
        > with codes so I know where they're coming from (i.e.
        > http://themepark.com?f=y for a link to themepark.com from Yahoo!), but
        > right now the top 30 referrers are all internal links, naturally. I
        > don't think upping this number to the 'top 100' or whatever will help--
        > I really just need to the local links filtered right out. Any
        > suggestions?

        try

        HideReferrer themepark.com

        Vinai
      • Henk Schrik
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
          At 18:29 1-7-2002 -0700, you wrote:
          >Howdy, I'm loving Webalizer but I'm wondering if there's a way to show
          >only referrers that are from OFF-site. I tag a lot of my off-site links
          >with codes so I know where they're coming from (i.e.
          ><http://themepark.com?f=y>http://themepark.com?f=y for a link to
          >themepark.com from Yahoo!), but right now the top 30 referrers are all
          >internal links, naturally. I don't think upping this number to the 'top
          >100' or whatever will help-- I really just need to the local links
          >filtered right out. Any suggestions?

          Just see what the first numbers are of those internal links
          en strip those from your analyses.
          or strip <http://themepark.com?f=y>http://themepark.com?f=y from your
          analyses (referrer).
          for instance leave out 264.117.* or something like 63.120.17.*

          >many thanks,
          >Eric

          >Webalizer homepage: <http://www.webalizer.org>http://www.webalizer.org
          >Webalizer for NT:
          ><http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/>http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

          Henk Schrik
          tel. (31)(0)6 53612294
          e-mail: h.schrik@...
          website: http://henk.schrik.nl
          or http://henk.schrik.org
        • PeterBX
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
            If you do not want the hits for internal referrers added into the stats you can also use

            IgnoreReferrer themepark.com