Re: unable to open DNS cache file

  • john conrad
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 22, 2000
      Thanks a lot!!!!

      All I did was give it any name (i.e.
      /dos/Inetpub/wwwroot/webalizer/dns_cache)

      and everything worked just fine!!!

      It does take considerably longer though!! (Very!)

      Thanks again Klaus

      --- In webalizer@egroups.com, Klaus Mueller <k.mueller@i...> wrote:
      > > Hi, I'm trying to resolve IP's with webalizer, I set up bind and
      > > caching-nameserver from the RPMs that come in RedHat 7.0 and then
      set
      > > DNSCache /var/named/named.ca
      > >
      > > When I run webalizer again I get the following error:
      > > Error: Unable to open DNS cache file /var/named/named.ca
      > >
      > > What can be wrong??
      >
      > Is the file the cache of the DNS-Cache program? This does not work!
      You need
      > to specify another file for DNSCache at another location. Best is
      the output
      > directory of your generated log files. The file is used by webalizer
      > store the DNS resolve results.
      >
      > Or you need to check the directory permissions if this ile is not
      part of
      > the DNS cache program.
      >
      > Bye
      > Klaus
    • Héctor José Montalvo Herrera
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 22, 2000
        Hello!

        Someone know about this message:

        Aviso: Cortando campo de peticion demasiado grande
        > > Saltando registro erroneo (6488)
        > > Saltando registro erroneo (8085)
        > > Saltando registro erroneo (20880)

        Thanks!
      • Héctor José Montalvo Herrera
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 22, 2000
          What is a record bad or why the records are ignored?

          Aviso: Cortando campo de peticion demasiado grande
          > > Saltando registro erroneo (6488)
          > > Saltando registro erroneo (8085)
          > > Saltando registro erroneo (20880)

          Thanks!

          (Old URL: http://private.homepages.intershop.de/klaus/webalizer/)
        • Klaus Mueller
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 22, 2000
            > Someone know about this message:
            >
            > Aviso: Cortando campo de peticion demasiado grande
            > > > Saltando registro erroneo (6488)
            > > > Saltando registro erroneo (8085)
            > > > Saltando registro erroneo (20880)

            The log record is malformed/too long. The number is the line number of the
            log record.

            Bye
            Klaus
          • Klaus Mueller
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 22, 2000
              > What is a record bad or why the records are ignored?

              Then you need to post these three records.

              Klaus