RE: [webalizer] unable to open DNS cache file

  • Klaus Mueller
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 22, 2000
      > Hi, I'm trying to resolve IP's with webalizer, I set up bind and
      > caching-nameserver from the RPMs that come in RedHat 7.0 and then set
      > DNSCache /var/named/named.ca
      >
      > When I run webalizer again I get the following error:
      > Error: Unable to open DNS cache file /var/named/named.ca
      >
      > What can be wrong??

      Is the file the cache of the DNS-Cache program? This does not work! You need
      to specify another file for DNSCache at another location. Best is the output
      directory of your generated log files. The file is used by webalizer to
      store the DNS resolve results.

      Or you need to check the directory permissions if this ile is not part of
      the DNS cache program.

      Bye
      Klaus
    • john conrad
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 22, 2000
        Thanks a lot!!!!

        All I did was give it any name (i.e.
        /dos/Inetpub/wwwroot/webalizer/dns_cache)

        and everything worked just fine!!!

        It does take considerably longer though!! (Very!)

        Thanks again Klaus

        --- In webalizer@egroups.com, Klaus Mueller <k.mueller@i...> wrote:
        > > Hi, I'm trying to resolve IP's with webalizer, I set up bind and
        > > caching-nameserver from the RPMs that come in RedHat 7.0 and then
        set
        > > DNSCache /var/named/named.ca
        > >
        > > When I run webalizer again I get the following error:
        > > Error: Unable to open DNS cache file /var/named/named.ca
        > >
        > > What can be wrong??
        >
        > Is the file the cache of the DNS-Cache program? This does not work!
        You need
        > to specify another file for DNSCache at another location. Best is
        the output
        > directory of your generated log files. The file is used by webalizer
        > store the DNS resolve results.
        >
        > Or you need to check the directory permissions if this ile is not
        part of
        > the DNS cache program.
        >
        > Bye
        > Klaus
      • Héctor José Montalvo Herrera
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 22, 2000
          Hello!

          Someone know about this message:

          Aviso: Cortando campo de peticion demasiado grande
          > > Saltando registro erroneo (6488)
          > > Saltando registro erroneo (8085)
          > > Saltando registro erroneo (20880)

          Thanks!
        • Héctor José Montalvo Herrera
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 22, 2000
            What is a record bad or why the records are ignored?

            Aviso: Cortando campo de peticion demasiado grande
            > > Saltando registro erroneo (6488)
            > > Saltando registro erroneo (8085)
            > > Saltando registro erroneo (20880)

            Thanks!

            (Old URL: http://private.homepages.intershop.de/klaus/webalizer/)
          • Klaus Mueller
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 22, 2000
              > Someone know about this message:
              >
              > Aviso: Cortando campo de peticion demasiado grande
              > > > Saltando registro erroneo (6488)
              > > > Saltando registro erroneo (8085)
              > > > Saltando registro erroneo (20880)

              The log record is malformed/too long. The number is the line number of the
              log record.

              Bye
              Klaus
            • Klaus Mueller
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 22, 2000
                > What is a record bad or why the records are ignored?

                Then you need to post these three records.

                Klaus