Re: Include Command ?

  • schranners
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 12 12:29 AM
      use the *.conf without "IgnoreSite"
      generate two files : ignore_list_1 and ignore_list_2
      write tow shell-skripts where you do something like
      "cat ignore_list_1 >> *.conf.temp1"
      and start the webalizer with the -c *.conf.temp2
      and time the exectution of this script via cronjob

      any help
      sebastian

      > I could use ignore to ignore sites, but I have about 50 sites that
      I need to generate stats from the same log files, so I would have to
      write 50 config files with different ignore commands... is there some
      type of command that could ignore all but one or 2 site
    • webmaster
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 12 1:02 PM
        Hi Sebastian,
        I neglected to mention that I am running this on a win2k box, so I don't have grep, cron, cat, etc...

        I am going to try the includeHostname command.

        Thanks for the help,
        Damien Stevens

        generate two files : ignore_list_1 and ignore_list_2
        write tow shell-skripts where you do something like
        "cat ignore_list_1 >> *.conf.temp1"
        and start the webalizer with the -c *.conf.temp2
        and time the exectution of this script via cronjob

        any help
        sebastian

        > I could use ignore to ignore sites, but I have about 50 sites that
        I need to generate stats from the same log files, so I would have to
        write 50 config files with different ignore commands... is there some
        type of command that could ignore all but one or 2 site

        Will You Find True Love?
        Will You Meet the One?
        Free Love Reading by phone!
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/Deo18C/zDLEAA/Ey.GAA/NhFolB/TM

      • Kees de Keizer
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 13 12:55 AM
          webmaster wrote on 12-06-2002:

          > > use the *.conf without "IgnoreSite" generate two files:
          > > ignore_list_1 and ignore_list_2
          > > write tow shell-skripts where you do something like
          > > "cat ignore_list_1 >> *.conf.temp1" and start the
          > > webalizer with the -c *.conf.temp2
          > > and time the exectution of this script via cronjob
          > I neglected to mention that I am running this on a win2k box,
          > so I don't have grep, cron, cat, etc...

          use "type" instead of "cat"
          use "find" instead of "grep"
          use "scheduled tasks" instead of "cron"
          Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
          I'm a van without a man [Starlight Express]
        • Kees de Keizer
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 13 1:03 AM
            webmaster wrote on 12-06-2002:

            > > [excerpt from sample.conf about include]
            > I think this is what I am looking for... I didn't see this
            > in the docs.

            It's from the sample.conf, you can download it at:
            ftp://ftp.mrunix.net/pub/webalizer/
            Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
            Give us a roaring, snorting masculine laugh ! [La Cage]
          • webmaster
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 13 10:43 PM
              I tried using Ignore and Include host, Host, hostname, Hostname, HostName and I couldn't get it to work. I ended up using IgnoreSite and IncludeSite - I guess this will work

              Now I just need it to process the larger files... I'll read up on that next.

              Thanks!

              Damien Stevens