Re: [webalizer] Include Command ?

  • Kees de Keizer
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 11, 2002
      webmaster wrote on 11-06-2002:

      > Is their some type of include command or equivalent?
      > I could use ignore to ignore sites, but I have about 50 sites
      > that I need to generate stats from the same log files, so I
      > would have to write 50 config files with different ignore
      > commands... is there some type of command that could ignore all
      > but one or 2 sites?

      I don't know if this is what your looking for:

      From the sample.conf:
      # The Include* keywords allow you to force the inclusion of log
      # records based on hostname, URL, user agent, referrer or username.
      # They take precidence over the Ignore* keywords.
      #
      # Note: Using Ignore/Include combinations to selectivly process
      # parts of a web site is _extremely inefficent_!!! Avoid doing so
      # if possible (ie: grep the records to a seperate file if you
      # really want that kind of report).

      # Example: Only show stats on Joe User's pages...
      #IgnoreURL *
      #IncludeURL ~joeuser*

      # Or based on an authenticated username
      #IgnoreUser *
      #IncludeUser someuser
      Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
      He's got magic up his sleeve [The Wiz]
    • schranners
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 12, 2002
        use the *.conf without "IgnoreSite"
        generate two files : ignore_list_1 and ignore_list_2
        write tow shell-skripts where you do something like
        "cat ignore_list_1 >> *.conf.temp1"
        and start the webalizer with the -c *.conf.temp2
        and time the exectution of this script via cronjob

        any help
        sebastian

        > I could use ignore to ignore sites, but I have about 50 sites that
        I need to generate stats from the same log files, so I would have to
        write 50 config files with different ignore commands... is there some
        type of command that could ignore all but one or 2 site
      • webmaster
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 12, 2002
          Hi Sebastian,
          I neglected to mention that I am running this on a win2k box, so I don't have grep, cron, cat, etc...

          I am going to try the includeHostname command.

          Thanks for the help,
          Damien Stevens

          generate two files : ignore_list_1 and ignore_list_2
          write tow shell-skripts where you do something like
          "cat ignore_list_1 >> *.conf.temp1"
          and start the webalizer with the -c *.conf.temp2
          and time the exectution of this script via cronjob

          any help
          sebastian

          > I could use ignore to ignore sites, but I have about 50 sites that
          I need to generate stats from the same log files, so I would have to
          write 50 config files with different ignore commands... is there some
          type of command that could ignore all but one or 2 site

          Will You Find True Love?
          Will You Meet the One?
          Free Love Reading by phone!
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/Deo18C/zDLEAA/Ey.GAA/NhFolB/TM

        • Kees de Keizer
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 13, 2002
            webmaster wrote on 12-06-2002:

            > > use the *.conf without "IgnoreSite" generate two files:
            > > ignore_list_1 and ignore_list_2
            > > write tow shell-skripts where you do something like
            > > "cat ignore_list_1 >> *.conf.temp1" and start the
            > > webalizer with the -c *.conf.temp2
            > > and time the exectution of this script via cronjob
            > I neglected to mention that I am running this on a win2k box,
            > so I don't have grep, cron, cat, etc...

            use "type" instead of "cat"
            use "find" instead of "grep"
            use "scheduled tasks" instead of "cron"
            Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
            I'm a van without a man [Starlight Express]
          • Kees de Keizer
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 13, 2002
              webmaster wrote on 12-06-2002:

              > > [excerpt from sample.conf about include]
              > I think this is what I am looking for... I didn't see this
              > in the docs.

              It's from the sample.conf, you can download it at:
              ftp://ftp.mrunix.net/pub/webalizer/
              Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
              Give us a roaring, snorting masculine laugh ! [La Cage]
            • webmaster
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 13, 2002
                I tried using Ignore and Include host, Host, hostname, Hostname, HostName and I couldn't get it to work. I ended up using IgnoreSite and IncludeSite - I guess this will work

                Now I just need it to process the larger files... I'll read up on that next.

                Thanks!

                Damien Stevens

                > Is their some type of include command or equivalent?
                > I could use ignore to ignore sites, but I have about 50 sites
                > that I need to generate stats from the same log files, so I
                > would have to write 50 config files with different ignore
                > commands... is there some type of command that could ignore all
                > but one or 2 sites?

                I don't know if this is what your looking for:

                From the sample.conf: