Include Command ?

  • webmaster
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 10, 2002
      Is their some type of include command or equivalent?

      I could use ignore to ignore sites, but I have about 50 sites that I need to generate stats from the same log files, so I would have to write 50 config files with different ignore commands... is there some type of command that could ignore all but one or 2 sites?

      Thanks,
      Damien Stevens
    • Kees de Keizer
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 11, 2002
        webmaster wrote on 11-06-2002:

        > Is their some type of include command or equivalent?
        > I could use ignore to ignore sites, but I have about 50 sites
        > that I need to generate stats from the same log files, so I
        > would have to write 50 config files with different ignore
        > commands... is there some type of command that could ignore all
        > but one or 2 sites?

        I don't know if this is what your looking for:

        From the sample.conf:
        # The Include* keywords allow you to force the inclusion of log
        # records based on hostname, URL, user agent, referrer or username.
        # They take precidence over the Ignore* keywords.
        #
        # Note: Using Ignore/Include combinations to selectivly process
        # parts of a web site is _extremely inefficent_!!! Avoid doing so
        # if possible (ie: grep the records to a seperate file if you
        # really want that kind of report).

        # Example: Only show stats on Joe User's pages...
        #IgnoreURL *
        #IncludeURL ~joeuser*

        # Or based on an authenticated username
        #IgnoreUser *
        #IncludeUser someuser
        Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
        He's got magic up his sleeve [The Wiz]
      • schranners
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 12, 2002
          use the *.conf without "IgnoreSite"
          generate two files : ignore_list_1 and ignore_list_2
          write tow shell-skripts where you do something like
          "cat ignore_list_1 >> *.conf.temp1"
          and start the webalizer with the -c *.conf.temp2
          and time the exectution of this script via cronjob

          any help
          sebastian

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 12, 2002
            Hi Sebastian,
            I neglected to mention that I am running this on a win2k box, so I don't have grep, cron, cat, etc...

            I am going to try the includeHostname command.

            Thanks for the help,
            Damien Stevens

            generate two files : ignore_list_1 and ignore_list_2
            write tow shell-skripts where you do something like
            "cat ignore_list_1 >> *.conf.temp1"
            and start the webalizer with the -c *.conf.temp2
            and time the exectution of this script via cronjob

            any help
            sebastian

            > I could use ignore to ignore sites, but I have about 50 sites that
            I need to generate stats from the same log files, so I would have to
            write 50 config files with different ignore commands... is there some
            type of command that could ignore all but one or 2 site

            Will You Find True Love?
            Will You Meet the One?
            Free Love Reading by phone!
            http://us.click.yahoo.com/Deo18C/zDLEAA/Ey.GAA/NhFolB/TM

          • Kees de Keizer
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 13, 2002
              webmaster wrote on 12-06-2002:

              > > use the *.conf without "IgnoreSite" generate two files:
              > > ignore_list_1 and ignore_list_2
              > > write tow shell-skripts where you do something like
              > > "cat ignore_list_1 >> *.conf.temp1" and start the
              > > webalizer with the -c *.conf.temp2
              > > and time the exectution of this script via cronjob
              > I neglected to mention that I am running this on a win2k box,
              > so I don't have grep, cron, cat, etc...

              use "type" instead of "cat"
              use "find" instead of "grep"
              use "scheduled tasks" instead of "cron"
              Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
              I'm a van without a man [Starlight Express]
            • Kees de Keizer
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 13, 2002
                webmaster wrote on 12-06-2002:

                > > [excerpt from sample.conf about include]
                > I think this is what I am looking for... I didn't see this
                > in the docs.

                It's from the sample.conf, you can download it at:
                ftp://ftp.mrunix.net/pub/webalizer/
                Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
                Give us a roaring, snorting masculine laugh ! [La Cage]
              • webmaster
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 13, 2002
                  I tried using Ignore and Include host, Host, hostname, Hostname, HostName and I couldn't get it to work. I ended up using IgnoreSite and IncludeSite - I guess this will work

                  Now I just need it to process the larger files... I'll read up on that next.

                  Thanks!

                  Damien Stevens

                  > Is their some type of include command or equivalent?
                  > I could use ignore to ignore sites, but I have about 50 sites
                  > that I need to generate stats from the same log files, so I
                  > would have to write 50 config files with different ignore
                  > commands... is there some type of command that could ignore all
                  > but one or 2 sites?

                  I don't know if this is what your looking for:

                  From the sample.conf: