re-generating stats for certain days

  • janinesisk
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2002
      I wasn't the one who set up our webalizer installation, so I didn't
      know that I was committing a horrendous sin when I decided to change
      the naming convention for our access log files. From 5/20 to 6/8, no
      logs got processed because the file wasn't found. However, I've tried
      every way I can think of to re-run these days, and it doesn't work! I
      finally ended up with -i (ignore history), -f (something about
      allowing dates out of order) and -d (debug) but the results are always
      the same; it processes the file and then says it's ignoring all the
      records.

      Is there any way of re-running those days, short of nuking the history
      file and re-generating *everything*?

      thanks,

      janine
    • PeterBX
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2002
        Maybe I'm reading your message wrong but could you not save a copy of the logs in question as the name shown in your webalizer.conf file and then run them?...or vice versa by changing the webalizer.conf file to use the new log file names for this run?

        I'm probably missing something in your question but that would be where I would start.

        Hope this helps..

        CorbinB2

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9, 2002
          I'm running something like (from memory) /usr/local/bin/webalizer -c
          /etc/webalizer/client.conf -ifd client.log.018

          Where client.log.018 is that client's log file from 5/20. That's when I'm
          getting the message about all rows being ignored. But if I look at the
          daily stats listing for that day, it still shows 0.

          janine

          On 6/9/02 11:58 PM, "PeterBX" <peter@...> wrote:

          > Maybe I'm reading your message wrong but could you not save a copy of the logs
          > in question as the name shown in your webalizer.conf file and then run
          > them?...or vice versa by changing the webalizer.conf file to use the new log
          > file names for this run?
          >
          > I'm probably missing something in your question but that would be where I
          > would start.
          >
          > Hope this helps..
          >
          > CorbinB2

          Janine Sisk