Multi Grouping possible?

  • PeterBX
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2002
      Is it possible to group more than one URL into a single grouping.  For example if I have  25 games on my site but don't need to know which pages were visited individually, but would like to know a total number of visits to game pages, can I use the GroupURL function in the conf file to do this? If so would this apply to other Group functions as well within the conf file?

      Thanks in advance,

      CorbinB2
    • Kees de Keizer
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2002
        PeterBX wrote on 02-06-2002:

        > Is it possible to group more than one URL into a single
        > grouping. For example if I have 25 games on my site but
        > don't need to know which pages were visited individually,
        > but would like to know atotal number of visits to game
        > pages, can I use the GroupURL function in the conf file
        > to do this?

        > If so would this apply to other Group functions as well
        > within the conf file?

        GroupURL is used for grouping URL's in the top listings
        for 'Total URLs' and 'Total URLs By KBytes'.
        Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
        I think I'm gonna like it here! [Annie]
      • PeterBX
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2002
          Not sure that answers my question?...lol

          --
          Kees de Keizer        NT Administrator      T: +31-10-2448344
          Wirehub! Internet     PGP:  0x24E3770B      F: +31-10-2448356

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2002
            PeterBX wrote on 03-06-2002:

            > > Is it possible to group more than one URL into a single
            > > grouping. For example if I have 25 games on my site but
            > > don't need to know which pages were visited individually,
            > > but would like to know atotal number of visits to game
            > > pages, can I use the GroupURL function in the conf file
            > > to do this?

            Yes you can if you can catch them in a wildcard:
            GroupURL /games/* My twenty-five games
            HideURL /games/*

            If it is somthing like this:
            /game1/..
            /game2/..
            .
            .
            /game25/..

            You could try:
            GroupURL /game* My twenty-five games
            HideURL /game*

            The HideURL is to prevent entering the individuals URLs again
            in the TOPlists.
            Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
            Embrace me, my sweet embraceable you [Crazy for You]
          • PeterBX
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 3, 2002
              Okay so if they are just in the main direct and not in a games folder or whatever no way to group them....gotcha.

              I'm starting to think it would be easier to hide all and just include what this client does want...lol

              Thanks for the help.

              CorbinB2