Re: [webalizer] webalizer.current file resets when?

  • Henk Schrik
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2002

      At 08:31 1-6-2002 +0200, you wrote:
      >On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, PeterBX wrote:
      >
      > > I am using the incremental feature of webalizer which uses
      > > the webalizer.current file to keep track of previous runs
      > > for the month. My question is this...
      > >
      > > When is this file reset as it were for the next month?
      > > Is it reset whenever I run webalizer next after the first
      > > of the month kicks over or is it automatically reset when
      > > the month changes over?
      >
      >The last option, because it will save only the details for
      >the current month. There is no need to save the info from
      >previous months, because the stats for these months will not
      >change anymore.
      >--
      But I wonder, how will the programma react overall in this
      'incremental' if you change
      the configuration after a while, extra or less statictis
      for example.

      Greets,

      Henk Schrik
      tel. (31)(0)6 53612294
      e-mail: h.schrik@...
      website: http://henk.schrik.nl
    • Kees de Keizer
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2002
        On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, Henk Schrik wrote:

        > But I wonder, how will the programma react overall in this
        > 'incremental' if you change the configuration after a while,
        > extra or less statictis for example.

        All entries are saved, so changing the number of entries in
        the top-lists is no problem. However, if you make changes
        in the Group* settings, its best that you remove the .current
        file and recalculate the statistics from the old logfiles.

        Needless to say that you still must have these files. If you
        don't have them anymore, you should not remove the .current
        file. The changed group settings will only be applied to the
        new logentries.
        Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356