Re: [webalizer] webalizer.current file resets when?

  • Kees de Keizer
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31 11:41 PM
      On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, PeterBX wrote:

      > Okay...so lets say I run the stats at 11:20pm but it takes an hour
      > to run or longer which takes me over Midnight and into June 1st.
      > Will it still use the existing webalizer.current file before outputting
      > a new one?

      It will use the webalizer.current for your stats for the
      month you started webalizer in (is read at the start). After
      the run, the info in webalizer.current is for the new month.
      Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
    • Henk Schrik
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2002

        At 08:31 1-6-2002 +0200, you wrote:
        >On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, PeterBX wrote:
        >
        > > I am using the incremental feature of webalizer which uses
        > > the webalizer.current file to keep track of previous runs
        > > for the month. My question is this...
        > >
        > > When is this file reset as it were for the next month?
        > > Is it reset whenever I run webalizer next after the first
        > > of the month kicks over or is it automatically reset when
        > > the month changes over?
        >
        >The last option, because it will save only the details for
        >the current month. There is no need to save the info from
        >previous months, because the stats for these months will not
        >change anymore.
        >--
        But I wonder, how will the programma react overall in this
        'incremental' if you change
        the configuration after a while, extra or less statictis
        for example.

        Greets,

        Henk Schrik
        tel. (31)(0)6 53612294
        e-mail: h.schrik@...
        website: http://henk.schrik.nl
      • Kees de Keizer
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 1, 2002
          On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, Henk Schrik wrote:

          > But I wonder, how will the programma react overall in this
          > 'incremental' if you change the configuration after a while,
          > extra or less statictis for example.

          All entries are saved, so changing the number of entries in
          the top-lists is no problem. However, if you make changes
          in the Group* settings, its best that you remove the .current
          file and recalculate the statistics from the old logfiles.

          Needless to say that you still must have these files. If you
          don't have them anymore, you should not remove the .current
          file. The changed group settings will only be applied to the
          new logentries.
          Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356