webalizer.current file resets when?

  • PeterBX
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31, 2002
      I am using the incremental feature of webalizer which uses the webalizer.current file to keep track of previous runs for the month.  My question is this...

      When is this file reset as it were for the next month?  Is it reset whenever I run webalizer next after the first of the month kicks over or is it automatically reset when the month changes over?

      Thanks in advance,

      CorbinB2
    • Kees de Keizer
      Message 2 of 7 , May 31, 2002
        On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, PeterBX wrote:

        > I am using the incremental feature of webalizer which uses
        > the webalizer.current file to keep track of previous runs
        > for the month. My question is this...
        >
        > When is this file reset as it were for the next month?
        > Is it reset whenever I run webalizer next after the first
        > of the month kicks over or is it automatically reset when
        > the month changes over?

        The last option, because it will save only the details for
        the current month. There is no need to save the info from
        previous months, because the stats for these months will not
        change anymore.
        Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
      • PeterBX
        Message 3 of 7 , May 31, 2002
          Okay...so lets say I run the stats at 11:20pm but it takes an hour to run or longer which takes me over Midnight and into June 1st.  Will it still use the existing webalizer.current file before outputting a new one?

          --
          Kees de Keizer        NT Administrator      T: +31-10-2448344
          Wirehub! Internet     PGP:  0x24E3770B      F: +31-10-2448356

        • Kees de Keizer
          Message 4 of 7 , May 31, 2002
            On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, Kees de Keizer wrote:

            >> When is this file reset as it were for the next month?
            >> Is it reset whenever I run webalizer next after the first
            >> of the month kicks over or is it automatically reset when
            >> the month changes over?
            > The last option

            I'm not fully awake yet...

            This should be the first option. Files created by webalizer,
            can only be changed when webalizer runs.
            Message 5 of 7 , May 31, 2002
              On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, PeterBX wrote:

              > Okay...so lets say I run the stats at 11:20pm but it takes an hour
              > to run or longer which takes me over Midnight and into June 1st.
              > Will it still use the existing webalizer.current file before outputting
              > a new one?

              It will use the webalizer.current for your stats for the
              month you started webalizer in (is read at the start). After
              the run, the info in webalizer.current is for the new month.
              Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
            • Henk Schrik
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 1, 2002

                At 08:31 1-6-2002 +0200, you wrote:
                >On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, PeterBX wrote:
                >
                > > I am using the incremental feature of webalizer which uses
                > > the webalizer.current file to keep track of previous runs
                > > for the month. My question is this...
                > >
                > > When is this file reset as it were for the next month?
                > > Is it reset whenever I run webalizer next after the first
                > > of the month kicks over or is it automatically reset when
                > > the month changes over?
                >
                >The last option, because it will save only the details for
                >the current month. There is no need to save the info from
                >previous months, because the stats for these months will not
                >change anymore.
                >--
                But I wonder, how will the programma react overall in this
                'incremental' if you change
                the configuration after a while, extra or less statictis
                for example.

                Greets,

                Henk Schrik
                tel. (31)(0)6 53612294
                e-mail: h.schrik@...
                website: http://henk.schrik.nl
              • Kees de Keizer
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 1, 2002
                  On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, Henk Schrik wrote:

                  > But I wonder, how will the programma react overall in this
                  > 'incremental' if you change the configuration after a while,
                  > extra or less statictis for example.

                  All entries are saved, so changing the number of entries in
                  the top-lists is no problem. However, if you make changes
                  in the Group* settings, its best that you remove the .current
                  file and recalculate the statistics from the old logfiles.

                  Needless to say that you still must have these files. If you
                  don't have them anymore, you should not remove the .current
                  file. The changed group settings will only be applied to the
                  new logentries.
                  Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356