Display Complete Referal Strings?

  • mudbath78
    Message 1 of 4 , May 18, 2002
      Hi All,
      Anyone know if there is a way to get webalizer to display the
      complete referal strings in the referer section? Most of my links
      don't actually take me to the page people came from because of the
      parser built into webalizer. This is also a problem for search
      engine data since I don't know which search engine keywords came from
      which search engine.

      -Josh Buechel
      http://www.joshb.net
    • Kees de Keizer
      Message 2 of 4 , May 21, 2002
        mudbath78 wrote on 18-05-2002:

        > Anyone know if there is a way to get webalizer to display the
        > complete referal strings in the referer section? Most of my links
        > don't actually take me to the page people came from because of the
        > parser built into webalizer. This is also a problem for search
        > engine data since I don't know which search engine keywords came from
        > which search engine.

        Webalizer strips everything from the first '?', so it cannot
        display the complete referrer. You should check your logfiles
        for this information.
        Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
        Who are you ? What have you sacrificed ? [JC Superstar]
      • djmixes_com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 11, 2003
          --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Kees de Keizer <kees.de.keizer@w...>
          wrote:
          > mudbath78 wrote on 18-05-2002:
          >
          > > Anyone know if there is a way to get webalizer to display the
          > > complete referal strings in the referer section? Most of my links
          > > don't actually take me to the page people came from because of the
          > > parser built into webalizer. This is also a problem for search
          > > engine data since I don't know which search engine keywords came from
          > > which search engine.
          >
          > Webalizer strips everything from the first '?', so it cannot
          > display the complete referrer. You should check your logfiles
          > for this information.
          > --
          > Kees de Keizer NT Administrator T: +31-10-2448344
          > Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
          > http://www.wirehub.net/ mailto:kees.de.keizer@w...
          > Who are you ? What have you sacrificed ? [JC Superstar]

          You are joking right? What good is having referers if you don't know
          fro what page they are linking? Is this still true for the newest
          version too?
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 11, 2003
            > > Webalizer strips everything from the first '?', so it cannot
            > > display the complete referrer. You should check your logfiles
            > > for this information.
            > > --
            > > Kees de Keizer NT Administrator T: +31-10-2448344
            > > Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
            > > http://www.wirehub.net/ mailto:kees.de.keizer@w...
            > > Who are you ? What have you sacrificed ? [JC Superstar]
            >
            > You are joking right? What good is having referers if you don't know
            > fro what page they are linking? Is this still true for the newest
            > version too?

            Nope, not joking. But the page is displayed, just not the cgi baggage
            that is tacked on to the end. If you want those, see posting #1585;
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/webalizer/message/1585